Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getaway Weekend

Ronnie and I both got off work a little early on Friday and he said we should go out of town for the weekend.  He is much more spontaneous than I am, I am a planner and was worried about all the things I thought had to be done before surgery, but decided it might do me good. We love to take the Mustang GT out and just ride, and we always have good conversations when we travel.  Ronnie called our friend with a condo in PCB but he was using it for the weekend. How dare he! LOL. Since it has been so hot we decided to head north and ended up in Helen Ga.  Since we got there so late almost everything was booked.  We found a room at Americn Inn & Suites - not a great experience.  We ate breakfast in Helen then decided what to do next.  Neither of us have ever been to Charleston SC, so we went in that direction.  Several hours and lots of traffic later we made it to Charleston.  I loved it!  Everything downtown smelled so good and the houses were beautiful, however we couldn't find a place to park.  We finally found a Days Inn but they had no vacancies and said everything else was booked also.  We found a place to eat dinner outside of Charleston and headed to Savannah.  I definitely want to go back there when we have more time.  About halfway to Savannah it started raining and we were tired so we got a room at a Hampton Inn (Only $15 more dollars than American Inn & Suites but a lot nicer place to stay) in Yemessee SC.  On Sunday morning we drove to Savannah.  I wanted to eat at The Lady & Sons but when we got there around 11:00 the earliest seating time was 4:00.  We drove around Savanah for a bit and then drove home.  We went to church when we got home on Sunday night and then out to eat afterwards.  I didn't get in bed until midnight and had to be at the hospital at 6 the next morning.  I was tired but really enjoyed the weekend and all the things I thought I had to be done before surgery didn't have to be done after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment